Serving Worker's Compensation clients in Fairfield and Litchfield Counties. Call (203) 797-1345 for a complimentary initial consultation.
Q and A: What Are My Workers' Compensation Rights?

What Injuries Qualify For Workers Compensation?

    ● Any accident occurring at the workplace while performing the job,
    ● An injury suffered away from the workplace while doing duties for the employer (examples: auto accident, construction injury),
    ● Aggravation of a pre-existing condition,
    ● Repetitive stress injuries that develop over time (example: carpal stress syndrome),
    ● Physical injuries resulting from work (back, knee or shoulder injuries).

What Are My Rights?

Treatment and bills — Workers' compensation will pay for all necessary medical treatment and bills of a work related accident, illness or occupational injury, including office visits, medications, surgery and therapies ordered by the doctor.

Lost wages — The workers' compensation rate is based on the average weekly wages for 52 weeks before the injury. If you are unable to work, temporary total disability benefits should be paid. If you are able to work in some way, you may receive temporary partial disability benefits.

Permanent disability — If there is a permanent loss of function to a body part, you can be paid permanent partial disability benefits, based on the extent of the injury.

Vocational rehabilitation — If the physical injury prevents you from returning to work, you may qualify for assistance to be retrained for other work.

What Should I Do If I Am injured?

If you are injured or in an accident, notify your employer promptly. The employer may require you to consult with a doctor of its choice once. After that you may choose your medical provider.

You must file a Notice of Claim within one year, and there are only a few exceptions. Failure to abide by such a deadline can mean complete denial of your claim.

What If My Claim Is Denied?

You need a qualified attorney familiar with Connecticut workers' compensation laws to help you. What does the attorney do for the injured worker:

Investigates and evaluates your situation
Files the initial claim
Co-ordinates with treaters and the insurance company to get your rights and benefits.

Contact Our Office To Learn More About Your Rights Under Workers' Compensation Law

For answers to your workers' compensation questions or to speak with an experienced workers' compensation lawyer in Danbury regarding your case,
contact Corinne G. Silvert, Attorney at Law, by calling (203) 797-1345.
Copyright © 2018 by Corinne G. Silvert, Attorney at Law. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy . Disclaimer .